One of my earliest memories is pulling cucumbers my grandparents grew in their garden and taking them to my grandmother’s kitchen. We would make sandwiches, always on pumpernickel bread, spread with cream cheese topped with thinly sliced cucumbers sprinkled with dill.
My passion for gardening was discovered late in life, but thanks to Burpee’s, I was able to collaborate with them to expand my green thumb. If you’ve been following me for a while, then you know this summer I started my own urban garden. Known and trusted for years, Burpee is helping to inspire a new generation of gardeners and home chefs with their selection of leading garden vegetables, herbs and flowers, available as plants at garden retailers. The Burpee name is synonymous with the crunchiest cucumbers, tastiest tomatoes and most flavorful herbs. Growing your own vegetables and herbs is a great way to ensure you have flavorful, bright and nutritious veggies on the table.
- 1 whole Cucumber
- 1 loaf Small Pumpernickel Bread
- 1 package Cream Cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 package Dry Italian Dressing
- Fresh Dill (I grew my own this summer with Burpee’s Plants)
- Mix the Dry Italian dressing and cream cheese together.
- Spread onto slices of bread.
- Place one slice of cucumber on top.
- Sprinkle dill over the cucumber.
Do you have an urban garden? Share below!
Visit BurpeeHomeGardens.com for more information on Burpee and local retailers.
Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. Review and all opinions are my own.