No carb-loving foodie wants to skimp on pasta, especially not at an eatery with a name like Noodles & Company. Yet the national fast-casual restaurant chain has given us permission to go sans pasta with its new BUFF Bowls. The entrées feature four of Noodles & Company’s most popular pasta dishes – in the nude! The bowls consist of an extra portion of veggies, topped with protein, and served on a bed of spinach in place of noodles.
Without pasta, the emphasis is truly on the sauce – and this where Noodles & Company shines. The magic that is Japanese Pan and Pasta Fresca comes to life in this lighter meal. The BUFF Bowl is packed with protein and nutrients. It offers less calories (under 400 calories each) with the same amount of super satisfying flavors.
For once, we’ll endorse the idea of saying no to carbs…but only if you’re going BUFF!
BUFF Bangkok Curry
Recipe for the Home Chef
Serves 4 -6
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1 Tb fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
- 1 Tb green Thai curry paste
- 1 Tb canola oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tb sweet soy sauce
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
Ingredients for dish:
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup carrots, julienne
- ½ cup scallions, sliced
- ½ cup red peppers, julienne
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- ½ lb. baby spinach
- 1 tsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tofu, cubed
- Sauté ginger in canola oil for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli, carrots, scallions, red peppers and mushrooms to pan.
- Add curry paste, coconut milk, soy sauce and chili sauce to sauté and heat until low simmer, all ingredients are hot and sauce is just boiling. About 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add in tofu to heat and coat with sauce.
- Place sautéed ingredients over a bed of spinach, garnish black sesame seeds.